Why Choose Majestic Kilimanjaro for your Climb?
- Tumaini and our guides live in Arusha, Tanzania and have lived and breathed the areas of Kilimanjaro, Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater all their lives. They understand the locals and customs. They understand the mountain, its terrain and weather. They are trained and licensed to be guides and have many years experience in leading climbs on Kilimanjaro in all sorts of challenging weather conditions. They are also certified by Wilderness First Aid Responder and have attended First Aid courses.
- We are members of KPAP (Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Program) and have always looked after our porters. We hold ourselves to a high standard of Porter care.
- For two clients we employ two guides (a lead guide and an assistant guide), a cook and nine porters on the mountain. See our Climber/Guide Ratio table
- 50% of our profits go to community works in East Africa. Co-Founders Steve and Liana take no income for their work allowing more for our community projects. See our Foundation for more information
- We have been awarded TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence 3 years in a row with over 140 reviews and many more hundreds of very happy clients.
Included in our price are:
- Hot lunches every day set at a table and chair (no eating a box lunch on a rock for you)
- Tea & coffee served in your tent on waking, hot breakfast (at table and chairs) in our mess tent, afternoon tea, and hot dinner served (at table & chairs) in our mess tent in the evening
- Private toilet at lunch time and then at each camp site for morning, afternoon and evening use
- Thick 4 inch individual mattress for sleeping (which makes your ability to sleep easier whilst in a tent on a mountain)
- Portable oxygen, a First Aid kit and a mobile stretcher
- Three litres of treated and filtered drinking water every day, more if you would like.
- Everything in your land content is taken care of for you: guides, food, equipment, transport, cook, porters, tents, hotel bookings as well as your Kilimanjaro National Park and camping fees. Please note, tips for staff is extra. This is the same with all companies.
- Once your booking is confirmed, you receive a document including additional information to assist you in preparing for the trek, as well as a list of gear needed for the climb.
- We offer the convenience of trekking Kilimanjaro at a time that suits you.
- You will have the flexibility of being on a private tour or with your own group of friends.
- You will have the peace of mind in knowing who your guide will be before you leave home and knowing they have years of training & experience behind them.
- You will have the option to extend your Kilimanjaro experience with a safari and/or a trip to Zanzibar.