Covid-19 has meant that our clients postponed trips in March, April & May and the climbing and safari season will not open in June.
Therefore the 50 crew members (and their families) that rely on Majestic Kilimanjaro will still not be able to earn an income in June, and at this stage we do not know when international travel will restart.
Fortunately two of our clients generously donated some money and suggested that others might also be willing to help.
We understand that this is a difficult and unprecedented time for everyone, but any support you can offer will help these families get through this period in a country where no government support is given, not even medical.
The money you donate will go directly to the 50 crew members and will be equally distributed.
On average for a family of 4, for one month it costs:
- US$95 for food
- US$35 for rent
- US$7 for water & electricity.
This fundraiser is in Australian Dollars as 'Go Fund Me' doesn't operate in Tanzania and Liana & Steve live in Australia. Therefore we have set the target at Aus$15,000 because by the time we do the transfer to Tanzania in US dollars it will equal just under US$9,800.
Please contact us if you have any further questions.
We appreciate any support you can give.
Thank you/ Asante sana!
Liana, Tumaini, Steve and the entire Majestic crew
About Majestic's Foundation
Majestic's Foundation - Maisha Bora - is funded by the full 50% of Liana and Steve's share of the profits generated from Majestic Kilimanjaro Treks & Safaris. In fact, Steve and Liana take no income for their work in the business either.