Posted by Tumaini Sandi, Lead Guide
11:00am local time
"This morning we went to 4900m, for acclimatization and now we are back at the camp. Both climbers are experiencing some headache and we expect to leave for the summit later tonight if their progress improves.
It's a nice weather here with the blue sky."
1pm local time
"Due to the fact that Trish's condition is not improving, we have decided to descend down to the lower camp - Trish is experiencing a severe headache which is not getting better. It's now 01:00pm and we are going down slowly.
Although Una is good to go to the summit, she has decided to go down as well.
Safety is our number one priority. It does not matter how many mountains you have climbed, sometimes the mountain will just say no and you have to respect that"
6.30pm local time
" We are now at Mandara Hut (2700m) and Trish is now getting better.
We will be spending a night here."
We will update you on Trish & Una's progress as soon as we receive the next report.
Safaris & Adventures
Holiday in Zanzibar